Drone Regelgeving per Land

Reserveer de 4e editie van 'Dronefotografie'

Rediwed

Rediwed
Lid geworden
14 sep 2016
Waarderingsscore
Punten
@Jeroen van Craaikamp De thread die je had gemaakt inclusief de reactie van @Francis was ineens verdwenen.

@Francis Translation: The thread @Jeroen van Craaikamp had created suddenly dissapeared. That's why I'm temporarily creating this post until we found out what happened to the other one.

@Francis
Netherlands
Private drone flights are allowed in the Netherlands. However, it is complicated if you want to fly commercially. For that you need a “RPAS Pilot certificate” (a cost of about 2,000 €) and your copter must be certified. Phantom models are not admitted, since all systems must be redundant. Each flight must then be reported to several authorities.
<SNIP>

Hi Francis!

Wonderful that you found the Netherlands' newest (and largest?) RPAS forum! How did you find us? Do you actively monitor incoming redirects?

Anyway, I checked your website and have some additions for current (non)commercial flight regulations.
Would you update your website to include new regulations please?

Currently, there are 3 RPAS category's in which you can operate, namely:

1. Commercial
    1. ROC (RPAS Operator Certificate) Estimated initial costs: 10.000 (excl. drone).
    2. ROC-L (RPAS Operator Certificate Light) Estimated Initial costs: 600-1500 (excl. drone).
  2. Non Commercial
    1. No certificate required (Non commercial flight regulations apply).
Below (inside the spoiler tags) i've included a short synopsis for current rules and requirements as per 11-10-16 12:08 using ILenT's website (Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport) as source.

Current Requirements/Rules for ROC:
Max height:
120m.
Max distance to operator: 500m.
Max weight RPAS: 150kg.
Commercial insurance required?: Liability (EG 785/2004)
Requirements: Theory Exam, Practical Exam, LAPL Medical Certificate, BvL, S-BvL, RPA-L, ROC, Printed & approved Operations manual (to be carried at al times), (Other requirements???).
Distance to objects/roads:
50m.
Other notes:
Exemption possible for:
Minimal distance objects/roads, Exemption for flying in CTR-Zones, 120+ max height.
Current Requirements/Rules for ROC-L:
Max height:
50m.
Max distance to operator: 100m.
Max weight RPAS: 4kg.

Commercial insurance required?: Liability (EG 785/2004) Requires Theory exam?
Requirements:
Theory exam (if drone above 1 kg), BvL, S-BvL, RPA-L.
Distance to objects/roads: At least 50m.

Exemption possible for: None.
Other notes: For drones above 1 kg it is required to have passed a theoretical exam, both by most insurrance company's and the government. For drones below 1 kg it is not required by the government to have passed a theoretical exam (but unknown for insurance company's).
Current Requirements/Rules for Non Commercial Flights:
Max height:
120m.
Max distance to operator: Visual Line of Sight.
Max weight RPAS: 25kg.
Commercial insurance required?: No
Requirements: None
Distance to objects/roads: At least 50m.
Exemption possible for: None.
Other notes: None.

@wdejager @Jeroen van Craaikamp Please confirm (and make additions where necessary) above rules and requirements?

• Leuk
Waarderingen: Francis
Hi @Rediwed,
yes, from time to time I check the incoming referrals for a better feeling. I will update our articles as soon as possible. Thanks for your input! :)
Best regards,
Francis

Hi @Rediwed,
yes, from time to time I check the incoming referrals for a better feeling. I will update our articles as soon as possible. Thanks for your input! :)
Best regards,
Francis

Sweet! Hopefully you weren't to discouraged to reply by the language difference!
I guess not to much as you did post a topic!

Thank you for editing :)

Hi @Rediwed,
Best regards,
Francis

IL&T wrote an English version of the Drone rules in the Netherlands.
please note that the site is slightly out of date: the max height for recreational flights currently is 120 meters AGL instead of 300 meters.

Hi guys,
I have a question related to the Netherlands. I hope you can help me!

Do you know which rules apply in nature reserves? Do I need a permission? Which authority is responsible?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi guys,
I have a question related to the Netherlands. I hope you can help me!

Do you know which rules apply in nature reserves? Do I need a permission? Which authority is responsible?

Thank you so much in advance!

AFAIK it's forbidden and no permissions are given.

Verzonden met mijn iPhone en de Dronepilots.nl app

Do you know which rules apply in nature reserves? Do I need a permission?

In principle, according to air law, you are allowed to fly in airspace class G. Most nature reserves (Google Natura 2000) are inside class G airspace.

HOWEVER: there is more than just air law. Nature preservation laws state that you are not allowed to "disturb wildlife" in any sense in any of the Natura 2000 areas. Forrest rangers see to it that that does not happen, and they are biassed towards "their" animals, of course.

I know of a pilot of a Cessna that got fined €2.500,= for overflying the Oostvaardersplassen too low. Pilots usually fly above 1500ft over those green areas on the map (code of conduct). But at Oostvaardersplassen, Schiphol TMA 1 (class A airspace, and therefore forbidden) starts at 1500 ft. The pilot in question flew at 1200 ft, which is well above the minimum 500ft altitude outside of built-up areas according to air law. And it was nicely in between the 1000ft minimum over buit-up areas and the 1500 ft maximum because of airspace restrictions above.
It was only after two appeals (and some 5 years in and out of court rooms) that the fine was erased, I believe.

I also know of a case against a drone flyer there, but I believe it was eventualy settled without fine, because the Law was not clear enough.

Conclusion: it's best not to go drone flying in Natura 2000 areas. If you really, really want to, find a ranger and ask permission.

Verzonden met mijn iPad en de Dronepilots.nl app

Hi @fredz and @Eric-Jan, thank you for your answers! I appreciate your help!

A couple of months ago i digged into this topic incl. applicable law. In dutch drone laws (both for commercial flyers as well as for the recreational flyers), the Natura2000 (or any other nature reserves) are not explicitly mentioned. So, unless the Natura2000 area manager (part of Ministry of Economic Affairs) has requested the Ministry of Infrastructure to grant that area "no-fly-zone" status that is known to ICAO, it is allowed to fly above that Natura2000 area. Some Naturea2000 managers think it suffices to declare his area to be a no-fly-zone in his own papers and signs. These managers do not understand that the air above their nature reserves is governed by a completely different Ministry and by different laws.

However, we also have dutch Flora and Fauna laws in which it is stated that no one should disturb protected animals on the ground (i.e. not in the air), especially not during the breading season. We had two cases in court about the definition of "disturbance". In both cases it was ruled that flying of a drone at normal height and flying of Cesna below 300 meter did not unreasonably disturb the wild life.

In Netherlands we have a lot of CTR's where one may not fly with a drone. Nature Reserves in these CTR's automatically are no-fly-zones as well.