FPV en obstakels

babipsylon

Lid geworden
23 jan 2021
Waarderingsscore
Punten
Leeftijd
Question with regard to FPV flights:

1) should the pilot stand still during flight? Or can he be moved, e.g. in an (open) car?

2) obstacles

easy access rules say:

GM1 UAS.OPEN.060(4) says: "VLOS DISTANCE", no to "keep VLOS" and in this context you talk about "range" , not about sight.

In the open category flights should be VLOS. However, FPV is allowed with a spotter. Now, I'm wondering, as FPV is mainly used to fly low to the ground near obstacles, e.g. to film very close to people or objects (because they are the subject of your film), if it is legal e.g. to fly behind a pillar or tree or (involved) person. Behind this object or person, of course the FPV and control link is still stable and the drone is perfectly controllable, but, the spotter has no direct visual line of contact with the drone for a very brief part of the flight. I guess this is what is allowed by the wording VLOS DISTANCE?

I understand it's not allowed in the open to fly BVLOS and go miles and miles where the drone is not visible to the naked eye anymore. However, if flying briefly behind obstacles would be forbidden, the use of FPV in the open category would be severely limited. That would mean you would have to go for a SORA in specific.

easy access rules: Easy Access Rules for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Regulation (EU) 2019/947 and Regulation (EU) 2019/945) | EASA